Are you leveraging visual content in your marketing? Here's something to consider: did you know that 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text?
As visual content on social media networks has grown, so too has the emphasis on storytelling with pictures. The use of relatable images have become a high currency in the world of content marketing. Images and videos are the foundations of the internet's new language, and they are likely to continue to dominate the digital marketing scene.
When it comes to quick, clear communication, visuals trump text almost every time. Marketers today are forever trying to capture the short attention span of web users – think about your social media channels. Visuals also allow marketers to set their content apart from all the junk that's floating around the web today. Visuals help to make communication in general, simpler, less complex. So, if you want to capture and engage your audience, think more visual.
Here are a few fascinating stats that make the case for using visual content in your marketing.
1) My favourite as noted above: 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text?
2) 46.1% of people say a website's design is the number one criterion for discerning the crdibility of the company.
3) Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts.
4) Videos on landing pages increase average page conversion rates by 86%.
5) After Facebook timeline introduction, engagement with videos and photos increased 65%
6) 98% of people surveyed with a Pinterest account said they also have a Facebook and/or Twitter account.
7) 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute.
8) Tweets with images received 150% more retweets.
9) 60% of people are visual learners, using infographics are a great way of capturing the attention of a web user.
10) On Facebook, photos perform best for Likes, Comments, and Shares as compared to just text and links.
Courtesy: Dan Zarrella
11)YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute.
12) 76% acknowledge that videos in emails generate high click-through rates
13) Pinterest generated more referral traffic for businesses than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined.
14) 27% of people have purchased an item after seeing it on Pinterest
15) 58% B2B marketers believe that video is an effective form of B2B marketing
16) Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without.
17) Retail site visitors who view video stay two minutes longer on average and are likely to purchase than other site visitors.
18) Videos attract 300% more traffic and nurture leads
And, marketers who are embracing visual content are seeing huge returns in terms of more readers, leads, and customers. And oh yes, more revenue.
Get a FREE Marketing Evaluation with WhiteSpace
Is your business taking advantage of these essential eCommerce marketing strategies? Get a FREE Online Marketing Evaluation and find out how to improve your website sales and eCommerce strategy today!
Flickr Photo Credit: by: Einstein: WalkingGeek, NY City: Andrew Ruiz