I'll bet you are. Isn't everyone? Heck, year-end is around the corner and you're anxious to keep your sales projections on track.
You know you can't rely solely on white papers and blog posts to get your message to prospective buyers and customers. Heck, you're already doing that.
So what else can you be doing?
Today's savvy marketers have turned to SlideShare and for good reason. With over 60 million visitors a month and 3 billion slide views a month (that's 1,140 slides per second), SlideShare is the world's largest professional content-sharing community. Add SlideShare’s integration with LinkedIn (which owns SlideShare) and its audience of professionals, and you’ve got a killer B2B social platform.
So, if you're looking for leads, SlideShare is something you can't afford to overlook.
But, what's the magic behind SlideShare? Well, that's what we're going to share with you in today's post.
We are all visual thinkers.
It’s pretty clear that visual content is growing and if it isn’t a part of your marketing plan, adding SlideShare into your mix is a great way to start.
In fact, 75% of the sensory neurons in our brains process visual information. Visual content can help set you apart from text-heavy competition, and SlideShare is the perfect channel for your visual content.
Never mind that visual content is easier on the eyes — the facts alone speak for themselves, particularly when it comes to presentations. Visuals are processed 60,000x faster than text, and can increase a viewer’s comprehension by 89% if combined with text.
SlideShare is not just a repository for your slide presentations. It's a social channel where you can establish your brand as a thought leader and authority around topics and keywords.
Through SlideShare, you can:
Share presentations, videos, infographics and other documents with your LinkedIn network.
Upload portfolios, conference talks, PDFs, marketing/sales presentations and more
Embed videos in presentations and add audio to make a webinar.
You just need to use your creativity and imagination. But, to get you started, here are 9 tips to help ensure content domination on SlideShare.
1) Keep your presentation short and sweet: Between 10-30 slides is optimal.
2)Be visual: Shoot for an average of 19 images in your 10–30 slides.
3)Get to the point: Aim for an average of 24 words per slide.
4) Be the authority on your topic: Choose a topic and own it.
5) Focus on design and tell a story: Design your deck to pull the reader from one slide to the next.
6) Rev up the SEO for each presentation: Include keyword-rich titles, descriptions and tags in order to give you presentations a fighting chance in the world of search engines as well as inside the SlideShare search results.
7) Integrate your presentation into multiple channels: SlideShare easily embeds into landing pages and blogs and renders beautifully in Twitter.
8) Repurpose your presentations: Slice and dice them into blog posts, infographics, webinars and videos.
9) Make a SlideShare part of every campaign: Add a SlideShare checkbox to your campaign checklist.
10) Every SlideShare should include a CTA: Don't forget that you're after "leads" so you'll need to include a call-to-action. Therefore you want to collect their name and other data to follow up with your potential lead.
If you don't have a SlideShare account, sign up from LinkedIn to share your presentations worldwide and drive more views and traffic. If you're just getting up to speed on the basics of SlideShare, here are some handy instructions from HubSpot on how to get started.